When looking for affordable home insurance it is important to request quotes from many insurance providers. As an independent agent, Henry Insurance Service has access to many competitive markets for your home insurance. We shop your insurance on a regular basis in order to find the best combination of pricing and coverage.There are at least three of factors which determine the insurance premiums our clients pay:
- Home value
- Personal property value
There are some things you can do to reduce your premiums, including:
- Combine your auto and home insurance together to receive “package” discounts.
- Customer loyalty. When you stay with a company for a period of time, you can receive discounts each year.
- Maintain good credit. Credit scores do have an impact on your premiums.
- Consider increasing your deductible. The higher your deductible, the more money you can save on your premiums. Nowadays, most insurance companies recommend a deductible of at least $500. If you can afford to raise your deductible to $1,000, you may save as much as 25 percent.
- Improve home security. You can usually get discounts of at least 5 percent for smoke detectors, a burglar alarm, and dead-bolt locks.
- Central station alarms can also reduce premiums.
- Consider retro fitting your older home for earthquakes.
- Review your limits on personal property. If you had an expensive item ($5,000) and sold it during the year, you may want to consider reducing your coverage by that amount.
- Don’t buy unnecessary coverage. If you live on top of a hill, flood insurance most likely is not needed. If you don’t have expensive jewelry, you don’t need a jewelry floater.
Ask us about discounts. Some insurers offer special discounts for certain homeowners. This often includes retirees or members of the military. Avoid claims by taking precautions. By cutting down the dead tree in the yard or erecting a fence around the swimming pool, you can reduce the likelihood that you’ll have a claim.