So you’re finally going to take the leap of faith and get that start up or small business off the ground? Maybe this is one of your 2018 new year resolutions. Congratulations on the new endeavor! Let us offer you some advice in the area of business insurance.
Along with all of your other plans to get started, make sure you think about insurance.
Business insurance has to be a part of your planning and budget. No matter how small your start up may be, you have to make sure that you’re covered. Protecting your employees and yourself is a non-negotiable. After all, this is your “baby”, your dream, that we’re talking about!
Here’s the basic types of business insurance you will need:
- General Liability: Unfortunately, the chances of getting sued has dramatically increased in the last decade. Prevent a financial disaster by investing in general liability, which pays losses arising from real or alleged bodily injury, property damage, or personal injury on the premises of your business or from your business operations.
- Worker’s Compensation: As a protection for employees, most states require that employers carry some form of Workers Compensation Insurance. Workers Compensation Insurance is not health insurance but is designed specifically for injuries sustained on the job. In most states, if you have employees, you are required to carry Workers Compensation coverage. Even in non-mandatory states, it can be a very good idea, particularly if you have many employees, or if they are engaged in hazardous activities.
Additional areas of business insurance we specialize in:
- Commercial Property Insurance
- Commercial Inland Marine Insurance
- Commercial Umbrella Insurance
- Professional Liability Insurance (Malpractice or E&O)
- Pollution Liability
Speak to an Expert
Some of these are required by law. That’s why it’s so important for you to speak to an expert to make sure that you’ve protected yourself and your start up investment. Jump on the phone and talk to an expert to get more specific answers about exactly what kind of insurance you need! We look forward to hearing from you and answering your questions! You can reach us at 225-927-0451.