The new year is right around the corner, and your resolutions are not the only thing that needs your attention. New years bring new considerations for insurance!
On a base-level, some insurance factors change annually on an automated basis. Your age, health, relationship status and other factors can impact your insurance in a variety of ways. Its good to plan to send your agent an email at the beginning of the year to see if there are any changes you should know about or evaluations to consider.
Additionally, some of your resolutions can initiate insurance benefits! Here are some resolutions to make in 2020 that could bring an added benefit of insurance perks.
5 New Year’s Resolutions to Make Your Insurance Premiums Go Down
- No more texting and driving. Safer driving = lower premiums. Reducing your accidents and tickets also lowers your annual premiums. Not to mention, protecting yourself and others from potential threats and injury!
- Find a carpool buddy. Lowering your mileage each year is not only good for the environment, but it’s good for your pocket! You can earn a low-mileage discount by carpooling with friends or coworkers.
- Pay off your car. Paying off your car loan may not automatically reduce your rate, however if you contact your agent and let them know, they can make adjustments to your plan that will become available to you when you own the car in full.
- Bundle your insurances. If your policies are held by multiple companies, you may be paying more than you need to. Oftentimes, there are bundling rates offered for holding multiple policies with one provider.
- Pay your bills on time. Your credit score is often a consideration when premiums are being determined. Make a resolution to turn on auto-pay, create a payment schedule, or whatever you may need to do to get those bills paid on time. It could save you money.
Insured through Henry Insurance Services? We’d love to review your policy with you! Call (225) 927-0451 to speak with your agent and review your 2020 policies!