“Should I get a dog? Do I need to move out? Should I buy a house? Should I buy a car? Do I want to get married soon? When do I want to start a family? Should I start my own company? How can I protect myself and my assets? Should I travel the world?”
Usually, once you reach your twenties, you start to think more long-term about the end goals that you might have. These types of questions are bound to cross everyone’s mind eventually. Unfortunately, one topic that isn’t touched on enough in your twenties is the topic of insurance, which goes hand-in-hand with any major life event!
Insurance plays a vital role with every single one of the questions that were listed above. When owning a pet, Pet Insurance is a great thing to have. If you are thinking about moving out, renting a house, or buying a house, then you will need either Renter’s Insurance or Homeowner’s Insurance. If you are buying a car, then you will need Auto Insurance. If you are getting married or starting a family, then you most definitely need a Life Insurance to protect your new family.
Don’t forget to get that expensive diamond ring insured and to claim your spouse or children on your Health Insurance plans. There are multiple different types of insurance for business owners such as General Liability, Worker’s Comp, Landlord’s Insurance, etc. For any investments, Umbrella Insurance Policies are a fantastic form of protection for your assets. If you are thinking of traveling a lot, then look into Travel Insurance.
At Henry Insurance Service we want nothing more than to give you the tools to lead you in the right direction when it comes to getting insurance coverage in your twenties. Here are some helpful tips to ensure that you start off on the right foot!
Insurance Tips for Young Adults
1. Be Prepared and Knowledgeable
- Do independent research on different policy types
- Look up basic insurance terms/definitions
- Find out what fits into your budget
- Figure out what coverage you need
- Speak with parents, friends, colleagues, neighbors
2. How to Find the Right Insurance Company
- Search around for different quotes
- Get personal references or recommendations
- Look up company reviews online
- Find a company with live representatives rather than auto response system
3. Ask the Right Questions
- What is my deductible?
- What is my premium?
- Am I eligible for any discounts?
- Are terms fixed or variable?
- Are there any exclusions in my policy?
- What is the process for filing a claim?
For more information, visit our website for a breakdown on different policy types or read our blogs. If you have any questions, feel free to call (225)-927-0451 to speak with a trusted insurance expert today!