The administration had already delayed the implementation of the so-called employer mandate by a year, initially pushing the requirements off until 2015 — past the midterm elections. In a concession to business, though, Treasury Department officials announced earlier that the administration would not enforce the rules across the board next year.
What does this mean for businesses?
- Employers with fewer than 50 full time equivalent employees will not be required to offer coverage in 2015, or in any year, under the Affordable Care Act.
- Employers with 50 to 99 employees must offer health insurance to at least 95% of full time employees by 2016. If these employers do not comply they will be subject to penalties.
- Employers with 100 or more full time equivalent employees must phase in the percentage of employees who must be offered coverage to 70 percent of full time employees in 2015 and 95 percent in 2016 and beyond. If these employers do not comply they will be subject to penalties.
What We Can Do For Our Clients
- We will keep you informed of any updates through our social media, newsletter, and regular communication.
- There are many compliance issues and dates employers must comply with. We can make sure you make informed decisions.
- Provide options for voluntary benefits to individuals and businesses.
- Create benefits strategies to deal with reform changes.
- Work directly with employers to structure medical packages.
- Provide options as we get closer to the revised date.
With the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA), it will be more important than ever for employers and individuals to work consultatively with us to find solutions that meet your unique needs in this new era of health insurance. Whether your business is a shoe store on Main Street or a multinational manufacturer we can provide you with the security that is critical to the prosperity of your business.
Henry Insurance Service is a vested member of the local community. We represent hundreds of different insurance companies. We can compare coverage and prices offered by these companies to find the best possible value. We do business face to face and are here for you, as your advocate, in your time of need.